Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The First Author Talk

This is my first post here on my author blog, and I'm not sure how to start it.

My name is Amanda L. Davis, and I am the author of the Cantral Chronicles, a dystopian trilogy which has its first book coming out in October. Precisely Terminated, the first in the series will be around 400 pages long and is exciting from start to finish. I will post the synopsis here in another post very soon.


On June 14th around 8PM I gave my first ever author talk. I've seen my dad (Author Bryan Davis) give them many times, but it's very different to stand up there and give my own. My dad and I spoke to the Daytona area Word Weaver's group. They were attentive and asked many questions. Lots of authors there who seemed interested in what we had to say.

I'm very thankful that they were willing to listen to all my 'ums' and 'ahs' and long uncomfortable pauses as I tried to think of what to say. Public speaking is not my forte, but it will soon become a second nature with practice as my dad and I begin our book tour together in September. Practice makes perfect, right?

I have pictures to post, too, but it will take awhile to post them here, and I'm pretty sure I don't have any readers here anyway. ;)

1 comment: