Thursday, January 17, 2013

Nothing New

There's not much new going on around here. I'm working on rewriting the first half of Viral Execution. It's going all right, and I'm doing a bit better than last time I blogged. Not a lot, but a bit.  I think I should do a blog post about dyslexia some time. What do you think?


On a different note

Have you ever heard of writers' conferences?   They're weekend long (or longer ) retreats where aspiring writers go to learn more about writing from various teachers (often published writers and/or editors) and sometimes they learn about getting their books published, too.

One of the writers' conference I attended was The Florida Christian Writers' Conference. It's in Leesburg, Florida every year, and it's a great conference. Where both my dad and I met our editors who decided to publish our books.   The conference is coming up again this year at the end of February. I encourage you to check it out. It's one of the best Christian conferences out there, and relatively inexpensive, as conferences go.

I will be teaching one hour long class one day, and my father will be teaching  a class that continues over the weekend.  There are a bunch of other classes as well, but I don't know the names of them.  There's more info at the FCWC website.

http://www.floridacwc.net/

I encourage you to check it out and come if you can and if you're an aspiring writer. 

2 comments:

  1. Yeah I think you should do a post about dyslexia. I didn't know you had it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and your dad keep talking about that conference, Amanda -- and for good reason, I'd imagine. I wish I could go! That would be amazing.
    And yes, I think you should post something about dyslexia sometime.
    Happy editing!
    -Tracey :)

    ReplyDelete