Thursday, September 8, 2011

Going on an Book Tour

In just five days my father, Bryan Davis, and I will embark on a 2 1/2 month long book tour.

It's going to either turn us into zombies or . . . something. We'll see at the end, now won't we. :)

I plan on living off of Dr. Pepper and Reese's Cups most of the time.

We leave on September 13th for Dallas, Texas with three school visits on our first official day of the tour, September 14th.

Now, since I am a first time novelist, I have never really given author talks, or writing seminars, or spoken in front of hundreds of people, so this will be very interesting. At home I am naturally a quiet person. I spend my days sewing, spinning, or writing, and rarely say much of anything verbally, so my voice is not very loud or strong.

If I talk for more than 20 minutes, I get a sore throat, if I have a 1 1/2 hour conversation, I lose my voice. That being said. This is going to be a very fun experience, getting my voice into shape.

My dad, on the other hand, can talk for 5 hours and be fine. After seven years of touring and giving author talks, that's as it should be, yes?

I hope to update here quite frequently as we travel. Also you can check out our tour blog at www.daviscrossing.blogspot.com. We plan on posting contests, pictures, and some videos from our experiences on the road. It should be a lot of fun, so I'd greatly appreciate it if you'd check it out. :)


On this tour, we will be traveling to approximately 31 states and British Columbia.

How many states have you visited?

3 comments:

  1. i can't wait to meet you ill be at the one in Indiana on October 18 and i will buy your book if its the last thing i do

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Saphira, looking forward to seeing you, too!

    ReplyDelete